Sunday, March 26, 2006

There is nothing like a comfortable couch!


I was watching a rented video yesterday called Just Like Heaven ~ which was a pretty good (chick) flick..I'll give it a 7.5 on scale of 1-10. This guy is attempting to rent a furnished apartment in San Francisco and the only thing he is interested in is the COUCH. He is recovering from the loss of his wife and he just wants to "veg-out".
This gave me pause to think about how I've felt about the couches that I have owned. Right now I am lucky enough to own three couches that have 3 separate and distinct (is that redundant..or repetitive?) personalities. But my favorite is the one in the lower level that has this smooth, soft micro-fiber feel and it is "L" shaped...having 3 places that kick a foot rest up for a real treat to the feet. It kinda cradles you as you sit back in it..almost a nurturing hug. And whether one person or 5 people are on the couch, it is comfortable and an encourages more intimate conversations. (like, "what were you doing when you lost your first tooth?")
Whether I want to read, watch TV, take a nap, the couch's entire existence is to be my relaxation slave..being good to me..what else can you say that about??

So many people try to get a good "deal" on couches and beds...spending as little as possible....buying ON SALE and not spending the time to become "one with your couch or bed". But if you're going to spend 1/3 of your life in bed and the other 2/3 on a couch, spend twice as much on the couch as the bed. My theory only.

2 comments:

ylmurph said...

do you remember what you were doing when you lost your fist tooth?

Peggy Murphy said...

Yes, distinctly...I was having dinner with a new boyfriend and I was showing him how I could eat an entire apple without my hands..ah, the rest is kinda gross...