Thursday, March 09, 2006

Skinny "Something"


Who hasn't started a diet...er, I mean new healthy "eating plan"? (I guess I can't say DIET because the first three letters are DIE...at least that's what the manual of the $99.00 "eating plan" says)
I've started at least 210 new "eating plans" in my 55 years on this earth. (do the math..that is about 2/year!) If the weight I lost was coal, we could keep half of Alaska warm for 30 days. If you count the weight I gained back, Alaska heats up for all 12 months.

Ok, so now I am trying no gimmicks like the all grapefruit diet; the all milk dud diet; the liquid diet (I almost killed 3 friends and a cat on that one!). I am just countinig calories and exercising. What a new concept!

So, the good news is...I've lost my first 5 pounds. I can't see a difference anywhere important on my body (even though I know that 5 lbs. is significant..at least when I pick up a 5 lb. bag of potatoes!)
I was so excited about losing the "bag of potatoes" that I confided in a (formerly) close friend ~ her response was so encouraging (NOT) when she said, "Well, you know the first loss is water weight!"
Don't you think a person with 210 diets under their belt (giggle..that was funny!) would know about the well-known "water weight loss"???....she could have been a little more encouraging!

Well, I DO see one bit of difference....in my fingers. My rings are spinning. Great..do you think anyone will notice that? My fingers,toes and ears are probably the ONLY part of my body that does NOT need slimming down. And those are the areas the "water-weight loss" decided to attack on first. Trust me, if I wore clip-on earrings, I guarantee that they would start to fall off. My socks even seem roomier now. Will anyone notice??? Like with my..er, other parts that MATTER?..nothing! ZIP, NADA, ZERO... Can't the sluffing fat SEE where the heck I want it to fall first?
I wish I could have a priority wish list as to which part of the anatomy gets trimmed first. I KNOW it's not going to be my targeted areas first!

OH, Peggy...deep breath..calm down...I think I'll go munch on a celery stalk...without cheese,
and hope I don't lose my rings, earrings or socks.

1 comment:

ylmurph said...

"210 diets under their belt"
- pretty punny