Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sorry, I'm a customer service rep so I can't help you!



THIS IS CRAZY! We are relying WAY too much on computers! I just called a company that automatically sends me their product every month. I just wanted to request that they suspend the normal auto-shipment for this month as I have more than I can handle right now.
First of all, I was on hold with their monotonous sterile message claiming "Your call is important to us..all representatives are serving other customers..please stay on the line and the next available representative will solve the world's problems; deliver Osama Bin Looney; find a diet that allows one to eat 5 pizzas a day and look like a run-way model..oh, and also manage to achieve world peace."

SO, I waited for this faceless service representative who wears an "S" on their shirt...10 minutes later, a not-so-cheery Super Rep (SR) answers, "How can I help you?"

OP (Optimistic Peggy) - "Oh, I have an easy one...I just need my normal auto-ship product to be held for the month of April."

SR: "Oh, I'm sorry (oh,really?) but our system is down so you'll have to call back later when it is back up."

IM (Irritated Me)- "When do you estimate that might happen?"

SR - "Dunno"..

IM - "How about if you just write down my name and account number and input it when it gets back up?"

SR - "How would I do that? Our computer system is down!" (like I either didn't HEAR her or I didn't UNDERSTAND her?)

IM - "So, let me understand the gravity of this situation...you have a computer system that is down and you have no idea when it will be operational...I was on hold for 10 minutes to procure assistance from a customer SERVICE representative..and now you suggest I call back..but don't know when...and be placed on hold again...and maybe not be helped again if the computer isn't fixed...all because you can't possibly WRITE DOWN my information?"

SR - "yup"

SIGH..WELL, maybe I don't need the product this particular company usually sends to me every month......
MOTIVATIONAL TAPES TO KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS SATISFIED AT ALL COSTS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we reeaaaaaaalllllllllly need to start the Triangle

Peggy Murphy said...

What triangle? The Bermuda Triangle? The triangle they ring for you to clamor to dinner? The geometric triangle that I can't spell?
Help me with your "180 degree-from- subject" comment!