Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Petticoat Junction


We are having a little girl addition to the Murphy Family in June. Between the many relatives and friends who have already purchased little frilly dresses, jumpers and shoes (all PINK) you won't find much now at our local Babies 'R Us. It seems like everything I see now has a sweet, feminine ruffle to it. Even the bag of Broccoli that I bought last week has a foo-foo name - "florets"...I am eating "Florets!"
Annie (the future Mom of the new female addition) has made it clear that she will not allow any diaper showing on her newborn when she wears her dresses ~ and that is ALL she is allowed to wear!...So, all garments must include a cute ruffled bloomer or petticoat.
I can remember wearing those fool things ~ maybe we should bring them back for adults? What do you think, ladies? Want to feel like you have a terminal case of poisen ivy again? (I know they don't scratch like they did in the dark ages of my youth)
I'm going to eat a broccoli "floret" now.

No comments: