Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Here, Kitty KItty...let me show you the door...



Cat lovers unite! But not in MY house! I get conned (whoops, I mean PURSUADED) to care for a friend's cat when they travel annually to Mexico for three weeks. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not a total un-feline person. If the cat is a kitten and at someone else's house and they are playing with the obligatory string...I laugh until my dentures fall out. But grown cats and their shedding of hair is obnoxious at best.

Cat owners think that cats are "mysterious" and those whackos who own more than one of these dreaded animals think they each have their "own, unique personality". I don't know about you, but I've never heard a cat tell a good joke, or ask me how my day went..or even do well at charades. The only mysterious thing about cats is how they know to "do their business" in the sand...So,what do outside cats do? Do they all migrate to the coastal beaches? And that's another thing..you never see cats on the beach so is it the sand that makes them "eliminate" or is the animal easily hypnotized to step on granules of sand for relief?
Can you imagine the condition of our beaches if humans did that??

Hairballs is another interesting phenomenon with cats. Is there any other animal that coughs up it's own hair ...in a BALL? When no one is looking do you think they get together with other cats and play a little one-on-one? Maybe try their paws at putting with it? UGH!

And the infernal MEOW-ing and rubbing of their furry bodies against my newly dry-cleaned slacks. It's a dern amusement park, for sure! Fun, Fun!

Next visit, I will again, have to have my carpets, furniture and clothes cleaned..I will have to fumigate the house from the odors left behind..and I will have to un-clog the vacuum cleaner attachments.

At least when my friends returned from Mexico, they brought me a thank-you t-shirt. It had the cutest picture of a Mexican kitten on the front and it said, "Hug a Cat Care-Giver" ..
would that be before I cleaned up the hair ball or after?
Everyone should own a dog.

1 comment:

ylmurph said...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6701/589/1600/kitty%20dean.jpg

I think you might like this pic...

and I dare you to wear that t-shirt