Monday, March 06, 2006

Exercising My Rights


Ok, today marks the day. Today I start really exercising...tomorrow I may be in the hospital. I talked with a friend of mine who endured a surprise 50th birthday party and she had to attend her own party with quite a boo-boo on her chin. She had fallen off her treadmill the week prior! She kinda went bumpity-bump like a cartoon character and has been suffering the ridicule (and bruising) ever since.
The last time I seriously worked the stair climber, I tore the ligament in my ankle so badly, I had to have surgery and the ankle has never been the same since then. Whenever I start a shape-up program, I tear my shoulder, or my back goes out or I get the hiccoughs. Do you think I just don't want to do this??
Well, I'm doing it this time for sure, whether my insurance rates go up or not..I want to be able to play with my 3 (soon to be 4) great-little ones. Yesterday I was at a playground with 5 year old Griffin and he wanted me to go down the slide....HA! He would have had a better chance if he had asked me to enter a couch-sitting contest. My nephew Sean is challenging me to a ping-pong match and I will accept this challenge....in June..
My other nephew Brian has been working out successfully for the past 3 months and has inspired me.
So now I am dusting off the Richard Simmons' DANCING TO THE OLDIES tapes and starting my deep breathing with stretchy-band things to tone. I am going to soon be the Biggest Loser!
Anyone want to challenge me? (other than my insurance agent?)
Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you might want to shoot for June of 2009 for that ping pong match...

Linda said...

Well...that is quite a declaration of determination...and to that I say...Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Anonymous said...

do you really spell hiccoughs like that or is it hiccups?

Peggy Murphy said...

Hiccoughs is the correct spelling...or else I wouldn't have spelled it that way...SOMEONE who couldn't spell decided to spell it incorrectly and their friends liked that spelling so SOME people continue to accept the mis-spelling....sigh...
To spell it like "Hiccups" makes no sense...but think about it..they are more of a "cough" than a "cup", yes??