Wednesday, May 24, 2006

T-SHIRTS



Please...if you go on vacation to this wonderful paradise of a location, DON'T bring me back a t-shirt with the name of this utopia on it.
I DIDN'T GO...I WASN'T THERE!

Why do people do that? If they want to bring back a t-shirt...or mug or pen or refrigerator magnet with the vacation spot name etched on it, why don't they keep it for themselves?
I have ZERO motivation to be wearing a t-shirt with the name of a place that I ~

A) Haven't been to
B) have no wonderful memories of
C) Don't know how to get there
D) Can't afford to go
E) Probably have no desire to go to

Years ago, I would see little babies wearing a colorful t-shirt that said "My parents went to Florida and all they bought me was this silly t-shirt."
Now the updated version of that is: "One of my four divorced parents went on a European cruise and all they brought my Nanny was a rolex watch."

And a gift of a miniture outhouse or refrigerator magnet with a clever saying is arguably worse.

Maybe when you go on a vacation while your friends and family are back home working and baby-sitting your children and pets, you should just give them a piggy bank and encourage them to save for a similar trip.

And please, no writing on the bank like, "Ireland or bust"

and could you slip a 20-spot in there while you're at it?

4 comments:

ylmurph said...

but then we'd all have 23 piggy banks instead of refrigerator magnets....maybe just the twenty dollar bills?

Anonymous said...

Hey, you brought me back a T-shirt that said Atlantic City...hmmmmmmmmmmm...weird...

Peggy Murphy said...

You must have me mixed up with another blogger named Musings by Margaret Mary...

and if you don't name the baby MMM, I am changing this blog's name...

Maybe ~
"Auntie's incoherant ramblings"

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»