Thursday, May 04, 2006

Strangest jobs



I just read that the Kentucky Derby is increasing their security for their horses.
I thought it meant that they were going to leave a night light on in their stall so they didn't get upset and suffer night-"mares" (get it? night-"Mares"?)

Or maybe they will provide an extra security blankey for them....

NOPE...
They are hiring full time attendants to stand by their stall !
Now how would you like THAT on your resume?

"And what do YOU do for a living?"

"I watch horses"...

I guess it's better than being paid to count cars to make sure the interection actually needs that traffic light...

or

Teaching yoga at a mens prison

or

"Corn-detassling"...yup..that really is a job. Feed corn has to reproduce by planting a male row of corn between two female rows. Someone gets to go up and downthose rows to de-tassle...

Aren't you glad you read this?

At least it was shorter than my other blogs!

3 comments:

Linda said...

OK...let's just say should anything show up blogged about glasses knocked over or I ain't got nobody...well, just remember, you can't believe everything you read!!
Love ya!!

ylmurph said...

I'm going to need a grandma linda and grandma sharon to English translation of that last comment.

loved the look, feel, sound, and humor of this post!

Peggy Murphy said...

Last night at dinner Grandma Sharon told a story of how a pompous salesman insisted that Sharon was looking at the glass half empty and HE was a full-glass kinda guy..and that she was so WRONG about a client paying their bill....and that HE would come to the rescue and make sure it was "taken care of" pronto.
Later that day, the client wrote a reply email stating she was NOT in anyway shape or form, paying the bill..so Sharon forwarded the email to Pompous-man saying,"Would that be YOUR glass that is knocked over?"
I promised that I wouldn't use it as a blog subject my..but I guess responding to YOU is not really a problem, eh?