Friday, May 19, 2006

Future Events







If we paid attention to every media announcement of important dates, we would have to carry 19 calendars or blow out the memory chip in our PDAs....

I just read the new TV fall line-up of shows....and I haven't even finished watching the hysterics of May sweeps yet!

*Do I know who is going to be killed on Wysteria/Hysteria Lane?
*And which housewife is so desperate that she'll pop a cork and do something even more bizarro than previous episodes to get her axed?
*Who knows yet which crooner will cry as they are crowned "OUR" 2006 American Idol?
(they mention the "crown" thing but I've never actually seen the actual head piece with points..have you?)

I haven't had the joy of watching the re-runs yet of Will & Grace..and I'm still reeling over the drama and suspense of who won American Inventor ~ and they're asking me to care about the FALL line-up???

Why does the media think we really CARE about what is going to be on TV in another 120 days? It's bad enough that the networks are addicted and committed to changing the current stellar shows ~ and fuss with the line-up ~ and switch the times when the shows are IN session...
why would we give a crow's beak about the POSSIBILITY that Brad Garrett may be in a sit-com in September?

I'm surprised they didn't announce those ever-popular Marie Osmond Christmas specials.

My point (yes, I have one) is that today must have been a slow news day.
The newspaper even announced in a much-too-big-for-the-story article, that former President Clinton is GOING to write a book..and that it MIGHT be published in late 2007 or early 2008.
No title...just some vague reference to his "people experiences"...
SO ~ let me understand this...someone gets press credit for doing something in 18-24 months...with not even a word written yet. And his FIRST book didn't even do well!

Who wouldn't want to report on these fascinating supposedly "entertainment" crystal ball predictions?

I'm going to try to find some REAL news now...I think I heard the mail-carrier drop off the mail....and my subscription to the National Enquirer is due any day. Maybe I'll get to read something interesting after all.
One can only hope.

No comments: