Wednesday, May 10, 2006

And What Do YOU Do For a Living?



I wonder what David Blaine tells people when asked what his occupation is.

"I hold my breath until my liver turns to mush"
"I sit in a block of ice until my eyelids freeze closed"
"I see how I can get prime time network coverage to zoom in on my battered body as I wince in pain and reach out with my weakened hand to my fans"
"I sell David Blaine playing cards on my website"

I read that his Mother was a single parent raising this kid and working 3 jobs while her little darling spent his days at the library. Was he looking up the definition of "Gullible"? or "Marketing"?


I have never watched this nutball attempt these high school stunts. Actually, I am really rather disappointed in any news agency or network giving a molecue of time to this kind of alien craziness.

But, considering Baywatch and Fresh Prince of Bellaire and still in re-runs...I guess people will watch anything.

I remember when my older brother was in high school, he sat on one skate board while another friend sat on another skate board. They acted like a circus act by having 6 other guys climb on their shoulders and balancing precariously, they skated down the steepest hill on Ohio State's campus. They were trying to break some record at the time. A record wasn't broken but I believe two of the guys broke a bone or two.
No one even took a picture. I guess death was not imminent.

What about all the fun in cramming 23 people in a volkswagon? Or 21 in a phone booth? Now THAT'S entertainment! I would buy a tube of toothpaste from a sponsor of THAT kind of show!

Hmmmm...I've been on the internet now for 38 hours, 22 minutes+....I wonder how much longer I have to blog to win the Guinness Book of World Records or at least get David Letterman's staff out here to watch me type!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»