Monday, May 22, 2006

I can improve on that!


I'm a card-carrying member of the National Association of Improving Anything Committee.
I look at almost anything and my brain goes to how I can improve on that situation.
It's almost an obsession.

I see the cashier at a store scan an item and I want to tell her how she could scan it faster and more efficiently. Then I picture an elaborate awards ceremony in front of all the cashiers in the world....and I am being honored as Super-Employee of the Century.
I give a thankful wave to the standing ovation.

I see a talk show host interviewing a guest and I think of 14 questions that are much more interesting and phrased better...and then I picture myself accepting an Emmy for my efforts. Of course I have a list of who I would thank, including the famous designer of my award-winning dress.

When I see a lawn being mowed, I picture it mowed in an artistic design that could be featured on the cover of "Lawn Beautiful" (and naturally, my little picture is in the corner of the page.)

I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

Now I am going to go read the newspaper and mentally re-write the incomplete stories that are not answering the who, what, when, where, why and how questions.
But I won't have much time as I need to get dressed for some awards ceremony that I'm sure I am being honored at later today. Whoops..I just checked the calendar.
No special dinner tonight.
Just a late afternoon dentist appointment.
I NEVER criticize..er..I mean "give suggestions" to someone with a drill in their hand!

6 comments:

ylmurph said...

I'm not only a member, I'm the president of that particular association.

Peggy Murphy said...

Hmmm...I wonder how ENORMOUS this association REALLY is?

And can there be more than one President? Maybe like co-captains?
Well, I'm sure SOMEONE will improve on that thought.

Peggy Murphy said...

Hmmm...I wonder how ENORMOUS this association REALLY is?

And can there be more than one President? Maybe like co-captains?
Well, I'm sure SOMEONE will improve on that thought.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.