Monday, May 08, 2006

Look at the Expecting Parents



Here are two of my favorite people.
My nephew Sean (he's the one with the goofy cap on bakcwards) and his wife, Annie-belle.
They are expecting a third child-like addition to their present family of four in just a few weeks.
5 year-old Griffin seems pretty excited to welcome his soon-to-be-born baby sister by showing her how to play Pac-Man and 1 year old Cooper is pretty excited...well...he's excited just to eat his breakfast and walk three steps into trouble.

It is so fun to anticipate another little set of tiny hands, feet, arms, legs, eyes, ears, etc. (I ran out of sets..and I've mis-placed my anatomy book)
Now please understand that there hasn't been a Murphy female born for 55 years.
There has been wonderful boy-children born but now is the time to think "pink".
I believe Annie has already received enough pink presents to start her own consignment shop called "Plenty of Pink".

There have been plenty of cute (and not so endearing) names for this already loved baby bantered about but the parents tell the "well-meaning-suggesters" that if they weren't in the room at conception, they don't get a vote.
I've tried bribing them with a trust fund for the little one (no, I'm not beyond bribery!) if they name her Margaret Mary Elizabeth Murphy because me, my Aunt, my Grandmother and my Greatgrandmother were all named Margaret Mary Murphy. I TOLD them they could CALL her whatever they want....Felicity or Brumhilda...whatever.

Of course, the 11 cameras (in case the first 10 malfunction)are already charged up
and ready to capture the little one complete her first yawn. I know she'll wink at me first and that may help with the trust fund issue.

But I'm just hoping I'll still be around to watch her beat Michelle Wie at the Women's U.S. Open Golf Tournament.

Whoops..that reminds me..the one thing I haven't bought her yet..her first (pink) golf glove!! Gotta go!

8 comments:

ylmurph said...

you've got a better chance of talking us into Peggy
...and did you mean to say "My two favorite people" instead of "two of my favorite people"?

Peggy Murphy said...

Whoops...oh, well..Brian doesn't look at my blog...he just calls me daily...

Anonymous said...

i do both so i think it should read my favorite person and her husband.

Peggy Murphy said...

Oh....kay..I don't argue with a Pregnant-with-her-3rd-child-ready-to-
bust woman

Anonymous said...

Well, how would the child have any individual identity? Is she the most beautiful smartest baby girl since June '73 (yes) or is she the Aunt, her Aunt, her Grandmother or her Greatgrandmother, all named Margaret Mary Murphy. You can see the problem ...

How about Paige? :)

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»