Friday, May 26, 2006

Shipping expedited in 8 short weeks



I am perplexed.
I have ordered many, many, many....well, let's just say a multitude, a plethora, an over-abundance of products through catalogs and over the world wide web.
As many items that I have ordered, I have never been able to understand the shipping rates and delivery times.

Usually, the supplier realizes that some buyers need the commodity quickly...and we all seem to be in the "I-want-it-now" mode of operation.
So, the company offers "Express shipping options"....either overnight or 2nd day delivery for a small fortune ~ in fact, sometimes the shipping costs are more than the item itself.

Now, for me, in most cases, the product I am purchasing is NOT needed (but maybe WANTED) immediately. I have done without this magic super-speed-chop-anything-not-moving food processor for an entire 55 years...yet if I don't choose express shipping they tell me it will be delivered in 8-10 weeks.

WHAT?? So, what do they do? Do they ship the ready-made products "Express" and when you request just "normal" shipping, they start to build it one bolt at a time?
Or sew it one stitch at a time?

This just occured with my latest purchase of a couple of bras. The total bill was $35.00. "Express" shipping would be $19.50 and would arrive within 3 days.
"Normal" shipping would be $6.50 and arrive in 4-6 weeks.
Do they just SIT on the order and send it the same way as "Express" only wait 4 weeks?
Shoot, by then I may have experienced a bit more of "the droop" and need another size!

I guess this is one of the reasons Wal-Mart and Target will stay in business a while.

Although I must say, the last time I ordered a product that was SUPPOSED to arrive in 4-6 weeks, was delivered 3 days later.

Have we learned any lessons, class?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»