Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Nice Ear, Babe ~ YUM!





"Iron Mike" Tyson is an interesting character, isn't he?
He "performed" in the boxing ring for over 20 years.
And he has made a fool of himself both in and out of the ring.
In fact, his life has been a 3 ring circus at times.
He has declared bankruptcy.
He admitted to beating his wife, Robin Givens.
He has done jail time ~ TWICE...once for rape and once for assault.
In jail he told the inmates, "I'm on zoloft so I won't kill anyone."
In 2000 he bragged that "I'm a violent person, almost an animal"

He has bitten an ear off of an opponent (Holyfield) in a boxing match in 1998 and wondered what the fuss was all about.
Then he bit another opponent, Lennox Lewis 3 years later.

But NOW...he announces (from STRONGSVILLE, OHIO) that he will be touring the country allowing people to box him in the ring for 4 rounds.
He will even consider boxing against women.
WOMEN? REALLY?
I was startled by that but why should I think that strange?
He doesn't now, nor did he ever in the past, seem to blink at punching out his
112 pound bride so why not put on the gloves against a stranger?
He gives being a "Bully" a new definition.

I think I would think twice about anyone sitting next to this guy in Church, not to mention in a ring that blesses beatings.

I sure hope all our kids see this and then they can grow up and be just like our sports heroes. You know, like the football players who enjoy breaking people's faces and injuring players during a nice little friendly game of "toss the pigskin".

I'm getting just a little cynical about sports lately...except Ping Pong, of course.

So I think I'm going to go practice my overhead SMASH!

No comments: