Thursday, October 26, 2006

Halloween...Did someone say "TREATS"?



It's that time of year, again.
Time for us all to put on a mask, scare any innocent by-stander, drink too much cider at the kids parties, swill too much spiked (by the evil witch) punch at an adult's gathering, and inhale candy like it was the latest all-natural condiment.

Yes, this IS supposed to be the KIDS time of the year, but I have seen some adults..hmm..or maybe I should say "older kids"? get into the festivities like it was MardiGras for full force.

Now these same mature(?) grown-ups must be getting bored with just dressing up their kids and themselves. They have moved on to their pets...adorning them with theatrical outfits that would make professional Hollywood costumer-makers drool.
I have received about 56 emails that have pictures of all breeds of animals in their cute little pirate costume or their Richard Nixon mask. They must think it is the ultimate "TREAT" for these pets.

If we like this holiday so much, why don't we have it once a week?
Be creative all year long?
Be someone else every seven days. (Most of the guys I know will dress like Donald Trump, hoping some of the "success" will rub off.)

Me? I think I will stick to my own outfits. The other morning, I rolled out of bed way too early and decided to start my day visiting the Waffle House...before my normal routine of a shower, make up, etc. One of the waitresses asked me if I was going to a Holloween costume party as Rip Van Winkle.
She didn't get much of a tip.

I guess I should bite the bullet and figure out a cutesy costume for Bailey. I think just some sunglasses so he can be a doggie movie star will suffice.



(Unless he begs me to dust off the Paris Hilton outfit for ME and the chiquaqua outfit for HIM..again)

No comments: