Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dream A Little Dream



















I had the strangest dream last night.
In fact, most mornings I could start my day saying that same phrase.
Sometimes I’ll awaken in the middle of a great dream where I am about to win the prize behind door #1 when I wake up in frustration with NO prize! RATS!
I MUST return to slumber to see what I won!
Try as I might to rewind and press PLAY to continue this sleep-induced movie, the dream has been fractured and when I return to door #1, instead, I am in the living room and hitting my Pro Staff 4 golf ball with a sand wedge out of ash trays.

Last night’s cinema had me, the star of the movie, at a swimming pool and I was competing in the super-national diving championship.
I find myself alone, on the diving board, with thousands of people holding their breath to witness what perfect dive Peggy, the Diving Diva, will attempt.
I hear the announcer say, “Degree of difficulty ~10…this is a very dangerous dive and no one in the history of diving competition has ever successfully completed this plunge.” And then he adds in a lowered whisper, “but if anyone can do it, Peggy can.”

But I wonder if I can do it.

I breathe a silent prayer and begin my approach…I bounce perfectly on the 10 meter board high in the air with toes pointed, faultless form, whirling, twisting and spinning 8 times ~ the glassy surface welcoming me as I make my flawless entry into the water without a ripple.
I rise to the surface expecting the roar of the crowd and people jumping into the water to congratulate me as all 15 international judges score unanimous 10’s!

But NOOOO…I wake up to my pooch, Bailey, barking and pawing at me because he has to perform his morning constitution (usually with flawless "10's").

I wonder what other people dream about?
Does the Pope dream that the wine at Mass is really an extra dry martini?
Does Rosie still dream about Tom Cruise?
Does Brook Shields dream that Tom Cruise is a patient of Freud's?
Does Katy Holmes dream about Johnny Depp?
Does David Hasselhoff dream he has talent?
Do certain un-named politicians dream they have sense?
Does the FOX news team dream they are un-biased?
Does Jerry Springer really dream he could win Dancing with the Stars?
Does Oprah dream...hmmm...she has everything, what would she dream about?

I’m thinking that maybe I should rely on my conscious state to accomplish my goals.
But I still won’t give up on my dreams. I WILL write a best-seller.

A BEST SELLER

Ha Ha! See? I wrote it!! TADA! Don’t pinch me yet!

4 comments:

Annie Michael Murphy said...

I dreamed Jana rolled my daughter down the street like a bowling ball and afterwards couldn't understand why I was mad.

jmjana said...

annie
dont tell people that
and it makes me nervous abotu what's in your subconscious about me with your kids

ylmurph said...

David Hasselhoff is living the dream...

I have the same dream Annie

Peggy Murphy said...

Sean....you are coo-coo

but I say that in a loving way...