Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Movie


I have been fortunate enough to have spent the last 4 days in a house 50 yards from the ocean. Since it is off-season here at Virginia Beach, there are only a handful of people who set footprints on MY PROPERTY. I have an un-obstructed view of God's water Universe. I haven't watched TV..and am RARELY checking email...my cell phone doesn't work out here so I am forced to think and relax....Kinda..

I am working on finishing my book that Sean is making me write.
Now my pubisher is tired of me dragging my heels and has given me deadlines. UGH!
I feel a wee bit of pressure like the kid hurridly finishing his essay on the way to school on the bus. However, looking out at the ocean is the most calming feeling I've had since I took a puff of my college roommate's "Cigarette" at least I THOUGHT it was a cigarette!...(I swear I didn't inhale..THAT much!)

Back to the ocean's calming influence.
Looking out at this "Movie"...the waves, the birds, the blue sky with the beautiful clouds...life stops for a short time..and then today...a special short film of dolphins entertained us for a full 30 minutes. I am close to heaven.

What book?
What pressures of life?

I am one lucky gal.

Oh, crap...my publisher just got through on my cell phone! I have 3 days to finish up. GULP. I wonder if I'll have to watch Survivor tomorrow? Anything to procrastinate...to heck with the ocean.

No comments: