Thursday, October 19, 2006

DIE - T?



One of the ways I attempt to keep up-dated with current events is checking cnn.com twice daily. It gives me concise headlines for various topics that I can click on to explore details if I want them. Some of these areas of interest include, but are not limited to: Weather, Sports, Stocks, Religion, Politics, Law, Money, Entertainment, World News, etc.

Today under ENTERTAIMENT, it's brief headline stated: Sharon Osbourne has weight issues.
Now I KNOW that she is married to Ozzie, the crazy rocker-druggie-rat-head connoisseur...and that she had a failed talk show that lasted just 5 months ~ and that she was in the limelight for an even more ridiculous TV realty program, showcasing her dysfunctional family ~ but WHY would ANYONE care that she is worried about her weight?

Does CNN not know that over 2/3 of adult Americans are over-weight?
If you "google-search" the word DIET, Over 255 MILLION hits are registered!
Cook-books are the only type of book that can out-sell the Bible, for pity sake (and that IS a pity!)!

Maybe the SPORTS section should run a headline: "Mike Ditka has layrngitis"


or under POLITICS, the headline that would get my attention: "President Ford concerned about economy"

Under STOCKS, the head-turning headline could be: "Donald Trump worries over the Real Estate Market"

I know that there must be very few people in the Entertainment world who are concerned about their girth, right? Otherwise, this wouldn't be such a news item, would it?

Well, there is one redeeming fact for you all.
When I "google-searched" the word MONEY, it beat DIET by 2 BILLION hits.

Maybe I'll go back to getting my news from the National Enquirer. They have better pictures of stars without make-up.

No comments: