Monday, June 23, 2008

Spot Handles My Light Work



I used to have a volatile temper.
G O L F, the finest sport on this earth might turn a Monastic Monk into a raving looney tune.
I really worked hard at curbing my instinct to throw a club or scream obscenities at an innocent 1" sphere that was only guilty of rolling past a 2 and 1/2" round hole in the ground.
(Besides, my Mother always told me that I should never do anything that I would not want splashed on the front page of the newspaper)

Well, I hope the local reporters don't walk into my office right now.

G O L F has NOTHING on T E C H N O L O G Y, other than it is a shorter word.

Between the clothes dryer being on the fritz and the computer connections NOT connecting for the past week, my blood started to boil like the "days of old" when my birdie turned into a bogie by missing an approach shot that landed in the seemingly benign pond surrounding the green.
I know that I am so much more mature now and decided not to let "the little things get me down"...and I counted all my blessings.

One of which is my dog, SPOT, who did what I couldn't possibly do...show the regard that I no longer have for my Toshiba...and I don't have to have my actions "splashed on the front page of the paper."

I feel "relieved" now.

No comments: