Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Where the Heck are We Looking for Our Answers?


I don't know if you noticed that there was an escaped fugitive from a New York prison for 5 months who was recently apprehended. For most of his 20+ weeks that he was on the run, he was wandering around an interesting area of New York. The location of most of his hide 'n seek with the N.Y. Deputy Dawgs was within 20 miles of a 100 year old psychic community known throughout the country as housing over 50 certified psychic mediums.
Every summer thousands of people visit Cassadega, N.Y. to explore the possibility that some stranger with a pseudo crystal ball can provide them with answers that have eluded them so far. Will I be famous? Will I be rich? Will I find the love of my life? Can I contact my loved one so they can tell me where the hidden stock certificates are? Will I ever be happy?

Well, if these talented Crystal ball readers couldn't help out the local law in finding this dangerous escaped inmate who eventually killed a 26 year old policeman, I doubt if they can find the missing family dog.

People read those horror-scopes and/or search for the "sign" to tell them whether they should buy the red sweater or the green one for the "big interview" or first date.
Why do we do that? Why do many of us look in the wrong direction for our answers?

For me, I know I need to look
"UP" for my answers. But I'll still continue to flip a coin whether I bet the point spread with the Bengals games.

1 comment:

ylmurph said...

I hear they're underdogs this weekend