Saturday, September 02, 2006

No Time Today to Blog...Sorry



Wow...I have so many things to do today. Blogging is at the bottom of this ridiculously long list.
Wait a second, I need to put the clean wash in the dryer.

OK, I'm back....I am just writing this short note to beg forgiveness from my fans who check these musings daily. Actually, I don't really think more than 2 dozen people check in on the weekend. My theory is that people read blogs on company time, which is kinda like stealing, don't 'cha think?

If I ...hang on..the timer just went off for my baking goods in the oven....
ok, where was I?

Oh, yeah..if I were to calculate how long people were emailing or blogging on company time it might look something like this:
Person making $20/hour (heck, that is 33 cents/minute!) IF one checks email once and/hour - 5 minutes/each time X 7 hours = 35 minutes.
Writing/reading blogs - 35 minutes/day. 70 minutes/day is what my calculation comes to and I might be conservative in some case or LIBERAL in others. But can you imagine at the end of the day when you leave the office/store/school/church or wherever you work..and your boss has his/her hand out and you have to pay them 33 cents for every minute you were doing personal stuff on company time?

OH, wait...I need to write 4 checks for bills to get in the mailbox before the letter carrier comes....

Wow...no time to write today...sorry...go back to work if you're reading this Tuesday....remember over this Labor Day weekend how lucky you are to have a job to labor at!

And please don't take the time to comment on this short blog...you'll owe another 99 cents or so...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't have time to read this, too much to do today. Just wanted to say hi though!

ylmurph said...

I have the whole day off...nothing to do but write comments on blogs...and feed Coop some eggs and bagels...and make griff some food he won't eat...and wonder who keeps stabbing me in the stomach...and maybe I ought to mow what's left of my lawn?
hmmmm...gotta go

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.