Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Today I Had Plastic Surgery



"Plastic, Plastic everywhere, nor any cash to have..."

Come on..I'm looking for a little credit here ~
I finally tore up (most) of my credit cards ~ Visa (3), MasterCard (4), Discover, American Express, Diners Club, Shell Oil, Sears, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, and McDonalds (whoops..that was a card for a free Sundae..rat puppies!)

I have been addicted to buying "things" on credit through catalogs, the internet and TV special offers. I bought a saddle the other day from an Infomerical that touted the benefits of this saddle so well that I ordered it with the "Special Ultra Fast" shipping option.

I don't own a horse ~ and don't even KNOW anyone who owns a horse.

I have a Storage closet that I can't even open the door to because of all the crap that I have purchased over the years that I've never used. I keep thinking that I will use it someday...or I'll have a need for a set of 12 old vinal records ~ Learn to Speak Russian in Just 6 Weeks.
Maybe a Russian neighbor will move in next door and I can ask to borrow a cup of sugar in their language ~ and they will love me forever.

So, I decided to quit cold turkey ~ without the assistance of any support group that wants me to stand up and say "Hi, my name is Peggy ("Hi, Peggy!"), and I'm a Credit Card Addict."

I would have been mortified if they used a credit card detector and found that I had an emergency card in my shoe. (or some OTHER more embarrassing place)
Hey! What I need to charge SOME things, you know.
The fifth set of steak knives that I found on sale are good Christmas gifts.

Holidays are the exception for CC Addicts. Thanks heavens this month it's Spoil Your Canine month. Maybe that saddle will fit Bailey?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That explains many Christmas gifts over the years...

jmjana said...

are we soulmates?
and if you need to clean out that closet i have a bday coming up....