Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 13, 1921 ~ My Star Was Born


My Mom...she's pretty cute, isn't she?
She was such a good sport. Dad thought that taking this picture at a golf course in Hawaii on their 40th wedding anniversary was hysterical.

Today is her natal day and I honor her as much today as I did when she walked this earth plane. It's been 10 years since I hugged her, confided my deepest fears with her or giggled with her like we were 8 year olds.

She was my heroine, my star, my best friend.

I can still hear her tell me that I shouldn't put so much garlic in HER magic meatloaf recipe.
I can see her eyes twinkle when she would talk about her Grandsons, Brian or Sean ~ because they inspired her walk to carry a lot more bounce.
I can see her with her Great-Grandson, Connor when he was just five, sharing a pizza at Ciao's restaurant and leaning their heads together and laughing.

I can see Mom at The Irish Brigade's first gigs at a local pub when her son Dave's group only had 20 people in the audience...and Mom and Dad would stay until the end and Mom would lead the bleary-eyed remaining few in an Irish line dance during the last song of the night..all the while pumping her fist in the air to "Give Ireland Back To he Irish"...

I recall how each day how she would lean up to kiss my Father ~ and it made me feel good that they loved each other.

I miss her like crazy every day.

Mom ~ today I celebrate your birth, your life and your wonderful influence over so many lives that you gently and lovingly touched. I only wished more of you could have known her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute!

ylmurph said...

well said...