Friday, November 23, 2007

The Great Escape


I drove past a turkey farm on Thanksgiving night and enjoyed quite a site. There were a handful of turkeys that were "high-fiving" each other's feathers as they strutted around a pile of obviously discarded clothing. The music they were a-trottin' and dancing the "feather-jive" to was ~ "I Will Survive"
This scene intrigued me enough to get out of my car for a closer look.

There, in the pile, were Halloween costumes that looked like they would be a perfect fit for a...um..."turkey-sized" borrower.
I always wondered how some turkeys managed to escape the "Hatchet Holiday"...

Groucho Turkey still had his disguise on and one feathered friend was sporting a Nixon mask. (not surprising since Nixon seemed to stick around longer than he should have)
The Big Bird Costume was still unused, in it's original package.

I headed home knowing that the left-over turkey that my Thanksgiving dinner host had graciously given to me would NOT end up on MY plate.

Please pass the tuna fish.
(I feel another blog coming on for the protection of guppies everywhere)

No comments: