Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Raw Data or "Batter" Up!


Maybe I'm the only one in the entire universe who doesn't like uncooked cookie, cake and brownie batter. On the very rare occasion that I might actually BAKE something, if I take the used bowl and mixing utensils to the sink to wash, whomever is within 50 yards will verbally attack me like I was about to put filet mignon down the garbage disposal or aiming a hair dryer at a 6 foot Snowman.
Then the bowl, spoon and spatula are converged on like bees at a honey convention.
Why would anyone like un-cooked batter? And if everyone seems to love it so much, why do we not see it on the menu of our local dining establishments?
I can see it now:
(1) 2" fudge brownie - $1.95
(1) Tablespoon of uncooked brownie batter - $2.50

And just so I am making myself perfectly clear, I also don't care for almost ANY uncooked "real food" (excluding the raw veggies and fruit that I so dearly cherish).
Please don't try to tantalize me with high-brow sushi and steak tar-tar. Which reminds me, if raw sirloin (hamburger, to me) is such a delicacy, why would those in charge of fancy cuisine names tack on "tar-tar" to their precious "ground round"?
Oh, wait. Maybe I can figure this out myself. Let's return to the menu scenario.
Which would Mr. Fancy Pants want to order when trying to impress Ms. Snub-nose who happens to have a nice set of "who-whos"?
$5.95 - 2 oz. raw catfish or
$18.95 - 2 oz. sushi

$5.95 - Burt's Best Burger or
$18.95 - Tar-tar du jour accompanied by the chef's special sauce (probably mustard)
Heck, one doesn't even get a sesame seed bun here!

I'm guessing that George Forman is "in my corner" on this.

No comments: