Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Gone Fishin'


I am in the mood to go away.
Stop the blog.
Stop the world, I want to get off now.
It is probably the "POST HOLIDAY LET-DOWN"...and the fact that I am starting my 56th job BEFORE I turn 56 in February. It may also be that my editor returned 3 chapters of my book, 55 Jobs in 55 Years for re-writes.
WHAT? My book isn't perfect?? GRRRR...what do THEY know?

So, the world looks so different from just 4 days ago. It was still Christmas season and there were still fun lights to enjoy as you drove around the neighborhood.

Maybe if it snows and I can fulfill my promise to Griffin to make the "Best snow igloo this side of Europe" I will feel better.
Isn't there always something on the horizon that we hope will come closer so we "feel better"?

Ah, today I make my own fun and forget what I don't have; release the fact that people don't act EXACTLY like I want them to; and nurture the wonderment I do have.

Amen, sister.
But I still may go fishin'. I haven't done that for 35 years and I was lousy at it but had a great time!

1 comment:

ylmurph said...

fishing for compliments doesn't count?