Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why, I Just Love Your Southern Drawl!



I read in the newspaper that a Farmer in England is telling the press that cows have different accents, depending upon what cow tribe they are in. Then the article goes on to say that research has shown that birds also have various dialects.

Is this going to change my life one iota? (what IS an "iota" anyway?)
Do I give a whistle if a cow moos with a southern drawl or adding a New England "R" at the end of the moo? Do I care if it says "soda" or "pop" in moo-language?

And as far as birds go...they can tweet in Russian and I wouldn't know the difference.

And I hope that there is not a $500,000 study being funded by tax dollars to inform us that Bessie moos in Latin on occasion.

I think the article is "Udderly" for the "birds"...put THAT in your beak and chirp it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

iota = smidgen

Peggy Murphy said...

What's a smidgen?

Anonymous said...

smidgen = itsy bitsy