Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Paper Jam



What would we do without paper?
We start the day and end the day with paper...(TP)

I make my breakfast by getting my groceries out of the PAPER bag and unwrapping the bread from it's PAPER covering. I get my butter, wrapped in PAPER, out of the refrigerator, and use a PAPER napkin to dab my ever-so-delicate mouth of toast crumbs. I dry my dish with a PAPER towel (unless I use a PAPER plate).

I look up in my PAPER TV guide what shows I want to tape for the day.

Usually I head to my office to work on my book. Today I unwrapped a ream of PAPER..that is wrapped in PAPER to print off my work, while
yesterday I copied some cute photos from my digital camera on some glossy PHOTO PAPER.
Mid-morning I take a break by reading the newsPAPER as I drink some water from a PAPER cup.

Today I am mailing off a birthday package to a friend and I am including a very funny card from Hallmark that is made out of PAPER and the clerk included one of those H Hallmark seals made out of..."you know what". I will cushion the present in tissue PAPER and send it off wrapped in festive PAPER and mail it in a big PAPER padded envelope.
I hope to receive a thank you note written on PAPER.

Oh, around mid-afternoon, it's time to retrieve the mail. Naturally, I receive mostly bills and un-solicited magazines, (no thak yhou nogts yet) both coming in assorted types, colors, weights and sizes of PAPER.
Since I have received bills, I must get out my checks, that happen to be printed on cute (SNOOPY theme..since I'm usually in the "dog-house" with my bills) PAPER.

Just look around you and observe the prevalence of PAPER-products in your life.
Most games are made of some kind of paper. (BINGO - It's all about the PAPER; GOLF ~ Score-card; FOOTBALL ~ playbook; BRIDGE ~ cards and tally sheet; BOWLING ~ ok, that's not a good example since they've gone to the electronic scoring..but...WAIT...what about the obligatory candy item purchased that has the PAPER wrapping, huh? GOTCHA!)

Then think about the containers for PAPER products!

Now, let's think of the TREES and the kinds of TREES that are supporting our addiction to PAPER...........................!
That may have to be another day.

Or..just use your computer/palm pilot/blackberry/laptop to communicate, pay bills and play games and order pizza.

4 comments:

jmjana said...

peggy
thanks for dinner. sorry you haven't gotten a paper one yet - i promise i'll get you the hookup

so...can we be friends? call me. i want to come over like everyday - as long as you don't send me sick pics of myself ;)

Anonymous said...

BACK OFF JANA! She is my aunt. Thats it, no more hanging out you two.
Hi Susan.

Peggy Murphy said...

Calm down, you two. Surely there is enuf of me to go aROUND.
Susan is NOT getting your message, AB.

jmjana said...

i want to say hi to susan too. and Annie, share your friends - this is NOT a good example to Grif as he goes to school ;)
also, peggy,
I NEED you to come to my class all the time. want to come tomorrow?
call me!