Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Picture Is Worth...Whatever




I just read an article about news anchor Katie Couric. It "appears" that a magazine photo editor got a little zealous in his altering of Katie's picture that was taken for an article. He made her look 20 pounds thinner by using an "air-brush" technique. She claims she liked the "before" picture better as there is more of her to love.
Yeah, right....what woman wouldn't want to look 20 pounds thinner? ...Take the likes of Laura Boyle and Nicole Richie, who together might have to be thrown back in the lake if caught.
Do you think the photo editor didn't like Katie's figure? Will they sell more magazines if she looks like she and Richard Simmons are best friends?

After seeing the movie, "Devil Wears Prada", it made me think that there is another world out there in New York and California. Then I woke up from my dream and realized that this thought process is prevelant everywhere.
A new store opened here locally in Cincinnati called Beauty is Important.
I did a double-take when I saw it. I guess they never heard the saying "Beauty is only skin deep".

At any rate, maybe I'll stop in and visit them. They may have air brushes on sale.

1 comment:

jmjana said...

peggy,
can you make my picture look that awesome? PLEASE dont use the SICK ones from your house...we dont want to scare anyone. we'll just do a photo shoot this weekend on our girls night out. sound good?