Friday, August 18, 2006

Shaving Time


I have had a ridiculously crazy schedule during these past few weeks. It seems as though I need every spare minute that I can manage to accomplish all tasks at hand. So I decided to take some ideas from the great movie, the "Original", Cheaper By The Dozen.

I was in the shower the other day reviewing my jam-packed day and starting to hyper-ventilate realizing that I had 12 hours to get 25 hours of various "stuff" done. That's when I recalled the afore-mentioned movie. In that film the father of 12 kids chose crazy methods to get them organized and be "time efficient"....like, they were timed buttoning their shirts up vs. down and the results saved 2 seconds. That doesn't sound like a lot but when multiplied by 365 days/year..and then add other chores that have been trimmed in time, well, one can fulfill their daily obligations with time to spare!!

So, I decided to try "time-trimming" in the shower by alternating shaving just one leg and underarm every other day. I got excited at this prospect as this would save me at last 2 minutes/day..X 365 days a year and I get...well, I don't have my calculator with me but I'm sure my time saved is well over an afternoon at the pool.
Then I didn't like the way I felt kinda lop-sided, with hair on one side of the body out-weighing the other, so I tried shaving just the lower half of the
legs and the inner half of the underarm. I understand the Europeans when they just say "Forgetaboutit"...but they say it in some sexy European accent which makes it ok.

I understand men who have the old "Don Johnson" (now Ryan Seacrest?) 4 day-growth of beard...they are "cool" .
I DON'T understand all these men shaving their heads...there is nothing cool or time efficient in that.

Well, here I am babbling on and on and I'm only blogging today so people will get off my case for not blogging for a while, But now you know why..
My shaved legs were more important than rambling on..and on...

No comments: