Monday, August 28, 2006

Some Dirt is a Mystery


I don't understand why we need to wash our towels. If I just took a shower and soaped up and rinsed off, then why should the towel that I dab myself dry with need to be washed? This question has perplexed my for years. It's a mystery.

Another ponderance...why does the inside top of my washing machine get dirty? I don't mean "dust-dirty", but "need-to-use-soap-to-clean-it" dirty. How can semi-dirty clothes create a dirt event. (let's face it, I don't work as a landscaper and I'm too prissy to perspire, so my clothes hardly get soiled)
Maybe someone sneaks into the house to put dirt and crud on the inside lid of the washer? It's a mystery.

Why do we bother washing our hands at a public restroom and then use our freshly washed hands to open a germ-infested door? It's a mystery.

Why do we shake hands with people? I believe that greeting dates back to the old days when everyone lived in the land of mis-trust and shook hands to ensure that the other person didn't have a gun. Hmmmm..I guess that one is not such a mystery these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I need to go take a shower after reading this, then again that is against my nature.

Peggy Murphy said...

Oh, go with it...

And because of YOU, I have started using those great smelling tissues that get lost in the dryer but make the clothes smell fantastic!

ylmurph said...

the towels get wet and then are a breeding ground for bad things...so you gotta wash them. I know stuff...

Peggy Murphy said...

YLMURPH ~
I don't keep my wet towels in a pile on the floor...I hang it up on a towel rack..(new invention for SOME?)...and it dries perfectly fine for my next shower...usually within 12 hours.
IF, on the other hand, one would "hang" their wet towel in a heap on the floor and only re-visited said towel 3 days later, THAT might be a problem.
I know stuff too....