Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lights, Camera, Action!






I feel sometimes like I am the Oscar winning director of my own personal made-for-TV movie ~ "Peggy's Life As An Perfect Person"


Ok, Ok, we can change the title depending upon what day of the week it is.
Maybe we even can alter it daily.

But seriously, don't you sometimes think that you are the one who is orchestrating the world around you? You, and only you, are the ONLY sole person with the correct perspective and everyone else is looney tunes?
And YOU, and you alone, can control all activities and feelings of those around you at any time.

Now, as you read the daily news and shake your head glancing at the most ridiculous stories, you can revel in the fact that your world is certainly NOT this world everyone READS about every day. Your world is organized, moral, law-abiding and happy.

Gosh, I sound like Bree on that Housewives Show on Sunday night.
Whoops, she is a murdering, alcoholic, irresponsible baby-sitter of a neighbor.

Well, maybe I just WISH I had more influence over this crazy world we live in.
Like, I wish I could control the lousy pitching of our sliding Reds team...or maybe finally find the killer of Jon Bennet...or try to re-write most of the words that rappers sing these days...or get people to look up to God for answers instead of the local drug-dealers.

If I were the world's director, I would make sure that people like the woman who adopted 14 children who all had "challenging" issues starred in the movie...instead of people like Colin Farrell and Russell (Mr."Phone-a-friend") Crowe.

And I would have TV soaps have less sex and more humor.

I would have the best commercials aim at selling cheap cameras to save memories instead of drinking Bud-Lite at every sporting event.

Oh, and I would take out all the soda out of vending machines and replace them with water and wine...er, I mean, naturally fortified liquids.

CUT...PRINT...send to editing.

I doubt if this will ever win any awards.

2 comments:

ylmurph said...

didn't they already find the killer of Jon Bennet? He was the guy she lived with..she called him Daddy...

Anonymous said...

Dear Bree,
I dont think I need you to watch our kids tomorrow. Thanks anyways. Please don't come find me.