Friday, July 07, 2006

I Think I'm Allergic to the HEAT



Some people LOVE hot weather...I LOVE air-conditioning!

There is nothing of benefit to me when the sun beats down so hard that my make-up melts. I take on the features of person being tested in a G-force machine or maybe I look more like a bassit hound..on a bad day. Perspiration (or "moisture pellets" as my Mom used to say") that runs, not walks, down my eyebrows and follows the contour of my chin(s) is not only un-attractive, it qualifies for offering ridiculous stories like, "I'm on my way to a Halloween party..this is my costume."

I haven't heard the weather-forecasters talk about the "wind-chill factor" since March and I so miss that daily winter calculation. I guess when it is 90 degrees and there is a 5 m.p.h. breeze, it doesn't qualify for a mention. Maybe it wouldn't effect the clothes to be worn.

Oh, and the most obnoxious comments about the heat are: "Oh, it's a DRY heat..not bad at all" ~ WHAT??
So I feel microwaved and should feel ok about it because I'm not using windshield wipers on my upper lip??

I dread the comment: "I love the to putter in the garden in the hot weather because I work up a great sweat and feel like I've really been working."
Now THIS person needs counseling. Just contact any relative of Naomi Judd or Liza Minelli and they can tell you where the best 45 day recovery clinic is.

Hmmm..it seems as though I am getting "hot under the collar" about this "hot topic"..and am not exuding enough personal "warmth".

Deal with it..or just wait ~ I promise I'll be nicer in the fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont think Liza should recommend any thing having to do with recovery!