Wednesday, July 12, 2006




I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon at the swimming pool with my great nephew, Griffin, who is 5 years old, going on 15. We had such a good time playing water tag, torpedo under Peggy's legs, throwing the...well, it doesn't matter..whatever happens to be around, we throw.

When anyone asks him what his favorite thing is about the pool, he will flash an un-comparable grin and proceed to ramble on for 3 minutes, ending his enthusiasm with ~ "EVRYTHING IS AWESOME!"

What a great attitude he has!
On the way home he was yelling out his open car window more unbridled enthusiasm: "I love you, cars...I love you, trees, I love you stop sign, I love you Post Office, I love you man wearing a black shirt, I love you branches..."

For just an afternoon, he was the happiest boy in the world, as well as
one of the best teachers ~ with me being his student.
He taught me to stop the world every now and then and just...LOVE..love whatever you do and think it is AWESOME.

Thanks, Griff.

No comments: