Thursday, July 13, 2006

164 Day till Christmas!



Don't you think we all are just a tiny bit pre-occupied with TIME?
Now, stay with me, this will only take 2 minutes! We'll be done in a flash!
Oh, wait a second, I have to turn off my kitchen timer for my brownies.

OK, now, where were we?

OH, yeah, time. Today I read that the retail stores are already ordering their Christmas inventory....mid July...WOW. I still haven't played with all the games I "borrowed" from my nephews from LAST Christmas.

Do we ever have enough TIME to complete anything? How many times have you heard the breathless exasperation, "Where does the TIME go?"...or ~ "I don't have the TIME to do that"...or ~ "I just ran out of thyme"....(whoops..that might have been the le="font-weight:bold;">spice in a recipe from Martha...sorry that got thrown in there)

Are we just lousy at time management?
Certainly we have many more creature comforts and assistants than our fore-fathers and fore-mothers did to make our life easier and more manageable.
I can't imagine how my life would be if I had to head to the stream to beat my clothes clean. And if TV wasn't around to suggest which rock was the best at keeping my frock fresh and fluffy, I would waste time trying out a bunch of them!
Goodness, that task alone would have taken all day! Then I would NEVER have time to microwave dinner! Whoops...back "in the old days" there were no kitchen gadgets..I would have had to make my own fire and grow my own pepperoni for the pizza I would have to make from scratch.

Then where would I be as far as time goes?
I wouldn't have time to go to the movies, watch So You Think You Can Dance, General Hospital and Oprah. If I couldn't watch Oprah, I wouldn't know what books to read.
But then again, I wouldn't have time to read.

I'm not one to wear a time-piece. I am just one of those annoying individuals who keep asking everyone else what time it is, all the while boasting that "I am no slave of the clock".

Now I have to admit that I am a list-maker. I write out every night a time-table as to the projects I am to do and mark a time allotment next to the task. It is the ONLY way I get anything done. I adhere to it and never waiver. By just setting one of the 12 timers I have strategically placed around the house, I keep tight to my schedule. When that timer goes off, I am on to my next task.

I'm looking at my list of things to do and the next one is a doozy...it may make headlines...wish I could tell you but the timer just went off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need 28 hour days instead of just 24...

Anonymous said...

I don't have time to leave a comment...or is it energy. I wonder how often we get the two confused.