Thursday, May 15, 2008

yad drawkcab = "backward day"





Some days I don't know if I am coming or going.

On occasion I will accidentally have my turn signal indicating right instead of left.
I have even put the salad fork in the wrong position at the dining room table.
Rarely I will step on the gas pedal and I had the gear in reverse rather than forward.
Grant it, I know there are some things that are supposed to be appropriate when done in a backward way but I wasn't in a rowing competition, impersonating a 15 year old skateboarder and the high jump was never my sport.

Yesterday I dressed early for an extremely busy day. I had a couple of insurance appointments that I had scheduled and had a stack of proposals to finish prior to meeting with my prospects. Being the efficient, professional person I see myself as, I felt both appointments went rather well.

And then I met a friend for lunch at a nice, upscale restaurant. She was already seated when I arrived. I greeted her and took off my coat and was glancing at the menu when I caught my dining companion looking at me with a questioning look.
"Peg, I think your sweater is on backwards."

"Uh, sure I knew that...don't you know it's 'spirit day'?"?
Then I asked her what SHE was wearing backwards...

I would have been embarrassed at my fashion blunder ~ until the waiter mentioned that I had the menu upside down.
I told him it was "upside down" day.

I love it when life throws me curves and I can still bunt the ball.
(Ok, I still didn't make it to first base but don't count me out!)

No comments: