Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What to Pray For Today


What's the latest subject of your prayers?
Mine have included,:
*Lord, please don't let a train interrupt my travel on this road
*Oh, God...please let THIS be the lottery ticket that pays big
*Father, if you would only arrange for a quick grocery line today because I have a lot of things to do..
*Can you let me draw the card for my inside straight just ONCE?
*I am begging you to let this hot fudge sundae NOT go directly to my already flabby _____________ fill in many blanks...
*While I am baby-sitting, please, Lord...let the little one be poopy-diaper free.

And then in today's headlines I see:
* "18,000+ buried in China's earthquake"
* "Drought continues in Barcelona..water being shipped in"
* "Myanmar disaster victims awaiting aid"
* "Casualties continue in Iraq"

And then another headline which is the one MORE important to US since we are not directly affected by the other headlines...
"I-Phone sold out online"
I imagine some people prayed that they could be one of the "lucky" I-Phone owners.

Maybe I should re-think my own prayer requests.

No comments: