Friday, May 09, 2008

I am Feeling Good ~ until.....


Have you ever had a day where you felt on top of the world? You think that this is the rare day when your hair looks good, your clothes don't need ironing and the color selection of attire is perfect for the complexion....

This is MY day TODAY...
I'm thinking maybe people are probably going to mistake me for some celebrity that they can't quite identify. Strangers will smile at me and while looking me over like I am SOME-THING. Uh, huh.
Yep. Today I got it going on....

I have now arrived at my favorite breakfast diner to pick up my Carry-Out order that I had called in. I've paid my bill and am sitting with my celebrity sunglasses on, reading the paper while I am waiting for my order. Just then I overheard a fella at the counter say in a stage whisper, "Whoa! She is hot! She can come in for carry-out ANY time!" A couple of others chimed in their agreement and I sat there, smiling to myself, trying to ignore the compliment.
See? I knew I still had it at the age of 57!

I then glanced up from my shades just in time to see a 23 year old Heather Locklear look-a-like with a carry-out bag, completing her task of bending over to retrieve her dropped car keys.

Gulp. Suddenly, I felt like I was wearing gray instead of yellow. My 57 year old face must have looked like I was the older sister of Robert Redford.
My glorious self-esteem waivered more than a little as they called out, "Peg, your waffle is ready..."

I'm sure Heather's order was probably a double yogurt without the fruit with a side order of dry toast.

I'm going home to change my clothes, (probably a black t-shirt), maybe paint my fingernails a deep purple ~ and perhaps I'll give my ego a boost by watching The Jerry Springer Show.

Maybe tomorrow will be my day.

No comments: