Sunday, February 17, 2008

Restoring Factory Settings


I'm not sure there is a better teacher than a small child.
Researchers have found that children ages 2-4 were tested and the results showed that 95% of them had a very high creative and imagination score. The same children were tested around the age of 7 and the results had flipped. In those few years something happened that resulted in only 5% of these little ones registering high in these same categories.

Why did this happen?

Here these kids were given great hardware AND software from the Big Manufacturer in the sky. Yet, they get viruses and intruders who wreck their original factory settings of being positive, creative, loving beings.

If life beats us down to this degree at a young age, what is happening to us as we grow up and try to deal with even more "infiltrators" to our internal computer?
Maybe we should just reboot, retool and re-look at what is influencing our original factory settings.

Let's learn from the wee ones.
They still love, hug and show their emotions.
They are positive and think they can do anything.
They find ways to be happy with just two empty boxes because their creative software is still in tact.
You don't see kids at age two telling others what is wrong with them or being critical.

I know I need to look at my personal computer settings and stay on top of keeping my internal software in good order.

What? Do you hear a noise? It's a beeping on my laptop.

Whoops...my computer battery is low so I have to sto

1 comment:

ylmurph said...

I read this in an old dusty book, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven..."

I think there's something to that maybe?