Thursday, February 07, 2008

MY Happy Day



This week was my birthday. For some unknown reason, while most people enjoy a birthDAY, mine escalated to a marathon celebration. (for once it wasn't MY idea too!)
I had a surprise luncheon, three dinners and cake made by a 1 and 2 yr. old with supervision by their Mom, niece Annie.

I received beautiful flowers, a new TV, a Photoshop software program, a memory bracelet from my niece and nephew that I doubt I will ever take off, emails, calls and cards from everyone but the Pope (and I'm sure his best wishes are on the way but with his budget, it probably is coming by way of boat). I had nice things said about me in blogs and loving sentiments expressed in many ways. Oh, yeah, and there was some "enthusiastic"(?) singing of "Happy Birthday Cha-cha-cha" and it reminded me that NO Murphy or relation to a Murphy should audition for American Idol.

Wow...I was so so overwhelmed with the attention that I was SURE that someone had a Doctor's report about me that I was not aware of!

At the end of last night's festivities, I told my 7 yr. old great nephew, Griffin, that I would see him tomorrow (for our weekly Thursday after-school 3 hour date).
He paused, looked at me and with a broad smile said, "Oh, is tomorrow my happy day?"
I said, "well, it's Thursday and I get to see you on Thursdays."
He nodded and said casually, "Yep, I call that day my "happy day"...

No, I call that MY "HAPPY DAY"...and a great ending to a magical week. I am blessed.

No comments: