Saturday, December 16, 2006

RETURNING HOME A LITTLE LIGHTER


I have returned home safely from my trip to "Lost Wages", Nevada. I pulled into the driveway around midnight-30 after travelling all day. I opened the garage door and started taking my suitcases into the house. Something was different.
Ah, yes. My luggage was a lot lighter. I had lost just about everything, including the blouse off my back. At least I still had my free T-shirt from attending "The Price is Right" (or WRONG, in MY case).
The only items left in my purse included: one kleenex , a slightly tattered picture of my pooch, Bailey and my IOU that I had to sign to get my car out of hock from the airport "Budget Parking" lot.

When I saw the pile of mail that had accumulated while I was gone, my heart skipped a beat thinking that I was being welcomed home warmly by cheery Holiday well-wishers. I was sure this stack of stamped envelopes included Greeting Cards from loving friends, wishing me a prosperous and healthy Holiday and New Year. Nope...I had 12 "greetings" from "nurturing" credit card companies, 18 magazines, 14 MORE credit card company offers to entice me into bancruptcy. But I did receive 21 "gifts"...or shall I say, "opportunities" (?) for me to use address labels from 21 charities.

Oh, wait there was ONE card that looked personal...it was incorrectly delivered to my mailbox instead of my neighbor Hank's house. I didn't care. I opened it anyway and have already added Horatio Unger to my Christmas card list.

Welcome home to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me smile, Peggy. Thanks for the years of laughs & giggles. Maybe this will help your adjustment to returning home. Hopefully you'll add me to your card list for next year:

Happy Holidays & Best Wishes for a Happy, Healthy & Wealthy New Year, filled with Numerous Championships and Victories in Table Tennis, Cards, and Miniature Golf.

LIGG,
mamajan