Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Peg’s 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas ~ Day 1


Can you believe that there are only 12 days before Santa comes down the chimney or through an unlocked window to visit the GOOD kids? Please remember to turn off your security alarms for the big fella on that special night. It just complicates his schedule with the occasional side trip to the pokey to explain that he was just trying to spread good cheer, not pilfer the family jewels.

Could you maybe use a little help with your Christmas shopping like my 39 year-old nephew Brian? He takes a couple of days off every year to shop. TRUE. Please don’t question his masculinity…I know, he really IS a guy…but he takes this gift-purchasing way too seriously, just like his Dad did. He will call five relatives at least 7 times an hour to ask questions while he is in the store. Yep. He is THAT guy.

Well, I thought I might help out others who are in a last minute quandary as to what new, interesting, fun gift they can bestow on a loved one. So, here is my attempt at being Santa’s little helper:

THE CHILDREN’S ATM BANK $39.95 Ages 8+ (3 AAA batteries included)

Where? Sky Mall Magazine www.skymall.com

This electronic teller machine helps little bankers learn money management as they maintain a savings account up to $999.99. (Hmm….maybe I should buy this for me ~ if I only could afford it)
The unit accepts real coin and currency deposits and gives up to date account information on its screen. The owner has their own ATM card and PIN for checking account balance, making deposits and withdrawing funds.

I can think of about 86 people who could benefit from learning how to use this gift PROPERLY.

Tomorrow ~ 2nd day Christmas idea for presents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4 days this year!