Sunday, August 24, 2008

Roughing It For a Few Days


For those who know me (even for just 3 minutes), you know that I am NOT a camper. I don't even like to LOOK at camper-type vehicles that I pass on the highway. Camping congers up images of mosquito bites, cold baked beans and the smell of the great outdoors (stale, unwashed clothes) that with one whiff, would send a bear searching for deodorant.

Well, a friend convinced me to go away for a few days to a "cabin". To me a "cabin" is one notch up from a tent, which is no notch up from sleeping on sticks, rocks and raccoon tails.

I don't know if we will have running water, a flushing toilet, a shower with a pulsating shower-head, a microwave or satellite TV and a DVR..I'm suspecting we will be missing some,if not ALL of these comforts of home.

Where I currently live, I have lovely woods in the backyard, complete with a bird feeder if I want to see nature. I have 4 bathrooms and 1200 square feet of "Chuckie-Cheese"-like games. People would probably spend a lot of money to get away from their cabin in the woods for what I am blessed with 360 days out of the year.

I will keep you posted as to my "outdoor adventure"...I PRAY that fishing isn't part of this "Survivor Burr Oak" torture-vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should try backyard camping under a tent of blankets and night fishing under the stars? You may find that outdoor adventures are fun after all.