Monday, August 18, 2008

The "Change" WIll Do You Good


I find that I have change in my pocket every day and I put it in a cup, which is the adult version of a piggy bank.

The next morning I put a few quarters in my pocket (in case I see my 7 ear old great nephew Griffin and he needs some "arcade change"). See, I don't carry a purse because I am "right-shouldered" and I have an old sports injury that refuses to mend well and I have never been able to wear a purse on my left shoulder. Got it?

OK...so the other day I realized that I had about $42.37 in change in three mugs. Shouldn't I have a goal to inspire me to enjoy throwing money into a mug every night? You can tell all the interviews with the Olympic athletes has inspired me to actually start thinking about goals again (ah, I feel another blog post coming on)...

So, I decided that I want to join an outdoor community swimming pool in our area and by next May 31 when it officially opens, I am going to stand in line with my a wheelbarrow full of 59 mugs of coins to turn in to enjoy a summer of splashing.

This is going to be fun...until I want to order that rare (weekly) pizza and have no money.

Check in with me in three months, around Christmas time, to see how I'm doing. I hope I don't have to give away one of my mugs as a present to someone who surprised me with a gift and I have nothing for them.

No comments: