Thursday, August 28, 2008

OK, Ok ~ I Admit That I Am Spoiled


Spoiled? Yes, I am. My name is Peggy and I am s-p-o-i-l-e-d. My Dad used to say "you're not spoiled..it's just your perfume"....get it? Spoiled as in food smelling bad?

I returned from a nice three day respite and one of the places that we stayed had a TV as big as a matchbook and no cable. That was OK...I was in the mood to relax with a good book anyway.
Upon my return I raced to the nearest TV (one of six in the house) and it looked at me
with a very blank expression. Well, not TOTALLY blank..it said "No signal". I called Time Warner Cable and after 42 minutes of the customer service rep having me unplug and plug and do everything but sing songs to the cable box, she told me it was broken. Yesterday was Wednesday and she told me a repairman could come out on Saturday. After much cajoling, she put me on the all-day list for today. I needed to be at home from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. She promised that sometime in that 14 hour span of time, a cheery, knowledgeable technician would fix my cable problem.
Today I called at 12 noon and asked where I was on the list and the customer service person told me that I was booted off the list because it wasn't an "emergency".
I asked her what the deuce constituted "an emergency"~ a self-administered surgical procedure that the cast of ER was going to help guide me through?
(she never answered me)

Then I asked if anyone was going to call me to tell me that I didn't need to be a prisoner in my own home for another 10 hours and she said she didn't know who made those calls but she wasn't allowed to call out because she was too busy. I told her she was too busy answering MY PHONE call when she could have called me to prevent me being as irate as I am!

I then asked her another question...."Do you think that your department should be renamed?" (no answer)

"How about the NO CUSTOMER SERVICE department?" pause

"oh, I don't think so..that would make me look bad"

REALLY?!!????!!?

She told me that no one could help me until Tuesday now...whoops...she said "Oh, there was only one spot on Tuesday and I see by my computer screen that one is gone."

I said, "Please connect me to the cancellation department."

"Are you sure?", she cleverly responded.

"Oh, yes, 1000% sure and if I could afford someone to sky write "Time Warner Sucks" I would do it."

"OK, please hold."

The next guy on the phone (my new Super-Hero) listened patiently and said, "If I could get your cable fixed by tomorrow, will you stay with us?"

Yep...another 14 hour "window" of waiting for a cable "fix"...tomorrow...

We'll see...and I will keep my cable ~ until I can get another provider out to hook me up to DWTS.

I'm still stumped as to how my Super-Hero could get me on the books when there was no opening for 5 days?

I wonder how THAT happened?

No comments: