Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Case of The Missing Eyebrows


This is serious.
My favorite set of eyebrows are missing.
I swear they were here above my eyes just a few years ago and little by little, they are being kidnapped.
I just wish the perpetrators would contact me for the ransom amount. I'm not sure how much I would give to get my precious eye accessories back, but I would consider a third mortgage on the house.

I only discovered the missing pair when I saw a picture of me (kinda cute, I might add) from 10 years ago and I gasped at the clear dark "Murphy" brows looking back at me. Now it's not like I haven't noticed that I have had to sharpen my eyebrow pencil on a daily basis and that the color gray on top of my head has moved slowly south to just above my eyes.

I am on a mission to capture those bandits who not only have borrowed my eyebrows but have been stealing my youth for the past 20 years.

The hunt is on...this may be the one case that could stump Perry Mason, Sherlock Holmes, Matlock and the team at Boston Legal. IF the thieves are caught, I sure would appreciate ALL of my "Stuff" being returned...including my memory card for my brain, my ability to articulate better and find the words that I want to use, my 1972 golf swing and concentration, my agility to play volleyball like Misty May-Treanor (OK, I never was that good at volleyball but a girl can dream, can't she?)...oh, and also my...

darn! I forgot.

What were we talking about?

2 comments:

ylmurph said...

I'd almost guarantee that Parker took them and left them somewhere in the basement

you might find your 1982 golf swing down there too - the '72 one is long gone

Annie Michael Murphy said...

Eyebrows or not, I'm just glad you're home.