Sunday, July 06, 2008

Vacations NOT That Enjoyable


Grandma Ellen & Griffin
______________________________________________________
I LOVE to go on vacations.
I LOVE pouring over the brochures and information about the intended target of my relaxation.
I LOVE "getting away from it all"
I LOVE sending postcards that say "Having a wonderful time, tough luck you're not here"
I LOVE planning what I'm going to do when I get there ... or
I LOVE Brian planning it for me if he goes.

I DO NOT enjoy other people going away, however. I mean, I am not jealous of their excursion ~ I am thrilled that they get to experience different stuff, yada, yada.
BUT, I don't like them being AWAY from me so that at my beck and call I can request a command appearance and oila! There they are to go to the pool with me, go try to beat me at miniature golf or ping pong...or try to convince me that I will participate in a C R A F T (which I won't but the discussion about it is fun).

Great nephew Griffin is going on a trip that sounds like way too much fun with his Grandma Ellen and his Uncle Scott.

I seriously considered booking a room at the same country Inn in Pennsylvania where they are staying but I thought it was just a bit "over the top"...besides, the costume shops are closed for the Holiday and I'm short on disguises.

They are going to go bike riding, maybe water rafting and possibly golfing (ouch! THAT one really hurt!)...not to mention experiencing gales of chuckles, grins and laughter.

So, they haven't left yet and I have printed off a dozen of my favorite photos of the little guy.
Have fun, Grif...but not TOO much, ok? And pay no attention to that pretty gray haired lady with the funnny mustache hiding behind the oak tree on #5 hole on the golf course.

No comments: