Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Times They Are a-Changin'


Last night we hosted a pot luck dinner for 11 neighbors who ALL have a pension for chattering (and at times, somewhat loudly). You people reading this post in the state of Washington might have heard some of the conversation.

Most people brought some kind of food or drink to be enjoyed by all. There were TWO delicious salads, two kinds of chicken, a potato casserole, tasty green beans, buttery crescent rolls, a delectable veggie tray, an appetizer that propelled one woman to lick the plate...topped off by scrumptious water melon slices and two desserts that had all of us promising to "up" the exercise program this week.

I had just ONE observation. Not one person brought something in a POT. I guess the term "pot luck" is an older reference to when people brought pots of salad?

Anyway, I will be thinking of an updated term for this gathering because it was so fun, I want to have another one soon.

Maybe we all bring our favorite pizza and it can be called a "Pizza Luck"?

(it would be easier on the hostess when cleaning up...but I'm not complaining!)

1 comment:

ylmurph said...

I think pot luck has more to do with the stuff that leaves you craving the food.

And I'm pretty sure at least one of the 11 ladies was probably "holding" so you were probably covered