Monday, July 14, 2008

Here''s a Tip


Tipping points:

Should tipping at restaurants be a flat 15% all the time if the server did a decent job?

Shouldn't a customer count the number of times a service person comes to the table?

Why should I pay MORE tip on a $20. item that is on ONE plate as my dining partner who ordered a $7.00 salad? The service was the same.

I recently went to a top quality dining establishment and the waiter visited us 8 times. Three of those times was to bother us...er...I mean, CHECK on us to see if "everything was all right".

Then the other day I went to a breakfast restaurant and the waitress visited our table 5 times....we spent about 15 mintues less time there but the tip was $2.00 instead of $20.

Heck, the busboy at the foo-foo place came by 3 times. Should I have tipped him?

I'm just ruminating about these things because it's Monday and I don't feel like thinking about anything deep.

Check my DEEP Wednesday post. It's bound to be thought-provoking...this one is just a meander.

No comments: