Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stuart Little Live Here


Sure, some people in the entertainment industry have cartoonized mice as cute, creative and even cuddly and super-hero-ish.
Yes, I am a Disney fan and LOVE Mickey Mouse.
Of course I grew up with Mighty Mouse defending the weak and saving mankind.
Stuart Little broke my heart when he was forced to leave his adopted human family.
Tom & Jerry played so well together that they are primo examples for youngin' to model their behavior after....
And the movie, Willard....
Ah HA!, NOW we are getting somewhere! When I think of mice, I think of THAT movie, not the Magical Kingdom and "It's a Small World After-all".

We just had a “Critter-gitter” here after our outside painters found a 5” square hole in the wood siding where mice have enjoyed a red-carpet entrance to our abode.
Our local exterminating, hero, “Killer” found mouse droppings all over the attic (crawl space) and in the two basement storage rooms so these little “Mickey and Minni’s” are having a “field day” here. Killer wonders why I haven’t heard the little darlings since he figures there are a hoarde of them.

Apparently these mini-rodents have become so "at home" here that Killer ran across a miniature sign that read "There's No Place Like Home" and some tiny dandelions in a little vase. He also discovered an old fondue set that still had cheese drippings on the side. They have also commandeered a small TV set tuned to Animal Planet...
sigh.

Unfortunately, they haven't paid their share of the mortgage and cable bills so they are being evicted in the cruelest way imaginable.
33 bags of poison have been placed just about everywhere and this is high quality cuisine...$218 !! (I hope I don’t mistake my breakfast cereal for these “eternal slumber treats”)
UGH...

I may have to find other accommodations until the little fellas croak.

I subscribe to the NETFLIX service and my next movie selection just arrived. I haven't checked my list for a while so when I look inside the envelope, it's kind of like Christmas.
Not so much, today.
The movie, Ratatouille is being "returned to sender"

No comments: